Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Near death experiences...

Where my whole life flashed right across my eyes...
Or so, it would seem.

Cutting a corner too fast,
I almost rammed the edge.

Holding my breath for too long,
I nearly ran out of breath.

Almost falling into the drain, with my hands sprawled against the wall,
My first few lessons learning how to ride a bike.

Riding a roller coaster at lightning speed,
I almost fell off my seat.

ALMOST. Or so it would seem.

Nothing like a rush of adrenalin pumping in your blood,
Nothing like a feeling of pure exhilaration.
Chills running down your spine,
Shocks of electricity jolting you back to life.

Giving you a reason to live.
Reminding you of your existence.
The extra push you need to exert yourself.

When I go to heaven,
I want my life to count,
To meet God face to face,
Hearing the words...
"Well done, Melissa. You good and faithful servant!"

P.S. I've yet to learn how to ride a bike, properly.
LiSs ^^

No comments: