Saturday, August 11, 2007

Loving God, Loving People...A vertical, horizontal relationship...

I have tons of work to do and here I am blogging. Hmm, I guess sometimes you just have to get your thoughts straight. Like something's been bugging you and you have gotta get it out. Even if it means blogging. Well, today Wendy's having a birthday celebration in our place, guess it's gonna be a long night again. haha. Not that I'm complaining, it's good to have people in your house not all the time!! once in a while...^^

My church, Richmond AOG has recently launched TOGETHER WE STAND, that is, 40-Days of Community, a sequel of 40-Days of Purpose by RIck Warren. We just did a session, during lifegroup on Wed. And ironically, we were taught about loving others, how it is a command, choice etc... Hah, just when I was talking about playing host to a party (technically not me, but Wendy =p)

During sharing, I've realised that I have been struggling in this area...of loving people. Not that I've been suffering from hurt and am unable to express myself but...in only loving people when it is convenient for me...and only to those who are 'loveable’. Sounds discriminative huh? But all so true.

We are just so caught up with the things of life that sometimes we forget to stop and 'smell the roses' as one of the pastors say. We do things out of our schedule, following plans (not that planning is all that bad), till it becomes a routine, a duty and done just for the sake of 'doing it'. Where has all the passion gone? The spark that ignites our sense of purpose and justice?

So, in conjunction with this program, I've decided to do some application of 'loving others' myself...Which includes, yes, finally catching up with all the people I've been wanting to catch up since the beginning of the year. Not because I need to, but because I WANT to!! And how do I accomplish this? By putting in EFFORT! And opening up my schedule (not that I have a tight one anyway). I’m just lazy not in the mood having to get out of my oh-so-comfortable-room, it's so cold outside. haha. Not gonna be an easy task, after all, it's only the beginning, lot more ground to cover!!!

1st step: get rid of the lazy bug!!!

No comments: