Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Slaves to sin...

Do you know how sometimes we know that something is right and not do it? Or even when we know we ought not to have done that wrong thing but we do it anyway? I am not saying I have recently been in that situation, but don’t we struggle with that everyday? Even with us and our daily lives and sometimes not even realizing it? We have become too comfortable with routines that we have to stop and think of what if we have done things differently. Just by helping someone in need, knowing it’s the right thing to do but somehow letting it slip off your mind. Such act is unforgivable but yet, unavoidable.

"for what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me."

Romans 7: 15 – 20


The only thing we can do now is to lean on our Father and He will give us the strength to do what that is right and to resist any temptations along the way, for…

"i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak…


No comments: