Thursday, August 2, 2007

Internet on and going!

Yea, as the title suggests, my internet has been down for what, a week? So, I was not able to do much, what more updating...But I've learnt to appreciate the Internet more, even when it takes ages to load a page...

Things have been going just... normal. That's good, right? Or plain, boring. haha. Getting used to the workload and getting down to the serious stuff. Fortunately, I don't have many assignments this semester which makes it a whole lot easier for me.

Oh, and I went to this restaurant, Lucky Chan where Serena's god dad spent us dinner. That's nice of him ^^ I felt so jakun the whole time while in the restaurant when having to 'tackle' so many delicacies in one night! We had abalone, lobster, duck, beef and I think it was bird's nest for desert? Now you can imagine how overwhelmed I must felt the whole time. Talk bout etiquette!

That aside, we just had a birthday surprise party for Zhen Han. He has turned the BIG 2! Happie birthday!! ^^ So much for the my-housemates-would-never-do-anything-for-me huh? Anyway, we cooked up a meal for him, Yao in charge of the main dishes, and Wendy, our desert expert. Had prawns, lala soup with winter melon, beef and tomatoes, Nutella cheesecake, honeydew sago etc... Makes you wanna drool, ay? ^^

Oh, and a big thank you to Adam for making the surprise a success. haha. It was a good thing he left his glasses (which he needed to play poker) at home, otherwise it would have been difficult trying to convince him to go home without being suspicious. No need to resort to our many other back up plans! (which btw, would NEVER work, especially Plan B!).

And, my housemate's and I have started sharing cooking together. Which is a good thing, after planning for so long! But it was super stressful, especially when I had to cook yesterday since no one else was around. Thinking bout whether it tasted alright and whether it suited their taste buds. haha. So I'm learning. Well, gotta start somewhere, don't I? ^^

Finally, finally, finally! We're going to Mount Buller!!! Been wanting to go for a long time but haven't gotten round to planning it so when Serena's friend Bryan invited, I was more than happy to be in!

With the hype of actually going to Mount Buller, Wendy and I made a must-do-list in Australia before we leave. I'm not sure how we're gonna manage to do everything, but we're do our best. So here's our non-exhaustive list, feel free to add on to it... ^^

Puffing Billy
Frankston Beach
St. Kilda
Philip Island
Dandenong mountain
Gold Coast?

Eat Hogsbreath steak
Go cherry picking
Watch flowers as they bloom in spring
Shopping (isn't it always on the list?)
Watch a footie match


*bout Great Ocean Road, we've been and we've decided that as time goes by, the attractions are getting less there as the Twelve? Apostles disappear slowly one by one. haha.

Suggestions, suggestions!!!

No comments: