Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Strategy is cute?

And it was a rainy day. Nice for sleeping in, or just an excuse to go out and play in the rain? No, not when your all drenched and with the icy cold wind pricking your face, ears, fingers, anywhere she can get her hands on. Not like I have a choice, gotta be a good gal, after all it's only the first week and first impressions are crucial (as if the lecturer would notice me amidst the noisy chatter of students-me included, guilty! heh)

So...I was in this strategic management lecture, while all the time thinking,
"why in the world am I taking this subject?!?"
Then, I took a look at the unit guide. 40% assignment! *gasps* And a presentation. Now that's so gonna help. Well, I have to admit, I'm never good at assignments, I'm more of a study-for-exam type of person. The unit guide even contained some golden rules for assignment 2! W-O-W? I don't know if I should be amazed or terrified. Ok, so I was terrified.

And bla bla, goes the lecturer, stating all the self explanatory facts...*smirk* I should say, it was quite fun giving Zhen Han the I'm-trying-hard-not-to-laugh-coz-it's-mean look between intervals of his 'intelligent' remarks. Kinda reminds me of Ravinda from my friend's Cost Info tute. Deter-mind...haha. Ok, I'll stop here, I don't wanna sound mean. =)

Then, he said,
"What is strategy? Is it cute?"
Now that got my attention. Hmm, did I hear wrongly? Nah. I'm sleepy but not that sleepy. I think. Just like that. And he goes on quoting his favourite definitions on strategy. I have to say, that was the highlight of the lecture! Although it doesn't make any sense, but who cares, how often do u hear them saying things like that? haha.


Ok, even though the lecturer tried to be cute but that didn't change my mind. I was gonna change this unit even if it killed me!

That was exactly what I did. Yay me! =)

No comments: