Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hillsongs and Sydney...

Now I can proudly say...I've been to Hillsongs!!! haha. It was
awesome!

We left (the guys, and couple of people from Clayton) by train on Sun to Syd. Took us 11 hours to get there by train, imagine! I took 2 trolley bags over, thank God for Irvin my kuli helper(otherwise I'll never be able to lug them around all by myself!) What a journey, never managed to sleep much during the whole ride. No more train rides for me the next time...


So once we arrived, we were flat out tired. Stayed over at Dan's aunt's place. With his CUTE cousins, Tim and Jeff. Ah, miss them so!!! =) Just love small cute boys in their cute Australian accents. Aww...haha. Met his aunt, who is an awesome cook!!! Really enjoyed the food she cooked for us. Chicken rice, satay, 'Muk Chuk' and her salads (she made veges taste sooo good!!-not that i don't like veges anyway, but still). And Uncle, who is quiet but funny in his own way...


Hillsongs. on the other hand. was great!!! The band and just being there...Just being in the midst of worshippers, all worshipping our Lord Jesus. The whole stadium was packed with people. Apparently, it was bigger than last year. Speakers this year were TD Jakes, John Bevere, Ed Young, Jentezen Franklin, Joseph Prince and many more...Plus, we had Chris Tomlin, Israel Houghton & Steven Curtis Chapman as guest artists this year!!! You'll have to be there to experience the whole thing. The only thing i regretted was not getting better seats!!! My allocated seat was the top level so every night Irvin had to 'smuggle' me in so I get to sit with the rest!!! haha. It's a good thing they release seats 5 mins before the start of services.


All messages were great but there were 2 that particularly strucked me. One by John Bevere, the other by TD Jakes.


John Bevere: We are JUDGED not by what we do, but what we are CALLED to
do.

(Yes Irvin, your probably smiling now) He calls me missionary Melissa, as if that is what I'm called to do. Not that I'm saying it's wrong but...I dunno man. haha.


There was this one time where we wanted to go for this 'Moving in the Spirit' workshop but we weren't registered into the stream. There was a long queue to get in and apparently priority is given to those registered. But we just walked through and the 'guards' didn't stop us. Now that's something!!!


With all the ups during the conference, there were certainly downs to it. Mine came at the climax, where I was down with a sore throat (a very bad one, mind you) which eventually cascaded into a fever and cough. Thank God for sustaining me through it all, even though I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have. But I did manage to go around sightseeing in Sydney, even without taking medication!!! woo hoo!!!


As we were only here for a week and most of it was taken up by Hillsongs, we only manage to go around on Saturday. The usual places, Syd Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. What was great was the seafood in Fish Market. Had fresh oysters, prawns, octopuses and fish. oooh, yummy yummy!!! I remember dragging my feet around as I wasn't feeling too well. But at the end of the day, I was as healthy as a horse...=p Praise the Lord!!!

An experience never to be forgotten

No comments: