Monday, August 6, 2007

MOUNT BULLER

It all started with a dream, which turned into a plan, and then to reality!!! It's amazing how God just grants the prayers of your heart, even without you asking for it. And yeah, I'm so thankful to have gone on this trip, to Mount Buller.

There were bout 20+ of us who went, all of which were friends of friends, so technically I didn't know just about everyone who went for the trip. But it was fine, since we were on a tour anyway. Waking up that morning at 4 was difficult, with me having a rough night the night before
(partly, because of some people who decided that it was still early and made noise) presumably from being excited over the fact that I'm finally going the next day.

The ride was not the best; it never is when travelling up to the mountains, with a few people having nausea. But once we saw the snow on the way up, everyone was only focused on getting to the top. It seemed like forever when we had to follow a crawl all the way up, and when we reached the skating rink, waited on a few shuttle buses before we actually arrived.

With the place swarming with people, we had to find our way around, booking lockers, borrowing gear and getting everyone organized (which was not easy, btw, given the number of people). And me, anxiously waiting to conquer the mountains! haha. But it wasn’t easy trying to walk with the bulky boots and hauling the long and heavy skis plus poles at the same time. We were led by an instructor, who taught us the basics of skiing and snow ploughing. It was later on that I was getting the hang of the sport and ready to go down the slope.

There was a belt-sort-of-escalator that led us up to the top (no, I wasn’t ready enough to go all the way up using a chair lift). We had fun, zooming’ down the slope and catching the wind, even ice on our hair! (Although not all made it all the way down, while others too far down where it’s restricted!) haha. By the end of the day, I became the snow queen’, from having my hair all frozen even to the point where my sunnies were stuck to them as well! My friends were having a bad time trying to detach my sunnies and skis from my hair with me shouting back at them in pain.

After the ‘scene’, I just had to stop and take a deep breath in of the magnificent picture right in front of me. It was truly a white, winter wonderland. The beauty surrounding me looked almost surreal with leaves of trees frozen so ‘perfectly’, it looks unnatural. And to think that all of this was created by God, reminds me of how great and awesome He is ^^

I would have liked to stay on a while longer if not for the fact that the bus was leaving at 4. So, all of us, reluctantly returned our equipment and headed back to the bus. It was on the bus that I realized;

I HAVEN’T SAT ON MY CHAIR LIFT!!!
I guess I was just too engrossed in getting up and down the slope as fast and as many times as I can that I just forgot about it T.T Oh well, I guess I’d have to make another trip again somewhere else, maybe to Switzerland? haha. In my dreams! *Sigh*

Walking in a winter wonderland ^^




No comments: